Dropdown Menu widget adds a beautiful dropdown menu, listing pages and categories of your blog. You can also turn your WordPress navigation menus into beautiful dropdown menus using this plugin.
- Automatically generated menus (Pages/Categories/Custom Menus)
- More than 11 beautiful themes
- jQuery Effects (must be enabled from panel)
- Customizable color scheme
- Widgets enabled
- Vertical or Horizontal Menus
- Supports Multiple Instances
- Can be embedded via PHP Template Tag
- Menu themes use CSS. That’s why it doesn’t work same on all themes. If you think it has styling issues.
- Effects use jQuery. If your theme changes default jQuery, effects may not work.
- IE6 is not supported. Why not upgrade your browser?
Dropdown menu widget is so easy to setup. Just follow the steps below to add it to your site.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New.
- If you have downloaded the plugin, click on “Upload” link and upload the plugin.
- If you haven’t downloaded yet, type
dropdown menu widgetto search field and click “Search”.
- Click on “Install” and click “Activate plugin” once it is loaded.
- Go to “Dropdown menu settings” under “Settings” to change dropdown theme and edit your settings.
- Add the dropdown menu to your site using “Widgets” or template tag codes.
- Done. Enjoy!
Note: If your theme doesn’t support header widget areas, you can add dropdown menu using php template tag. Read how to add it here. Read more about custom dropdown template tags here.